Why did I do this? Because as you may be able to tell, I've sort of gotten out of the habit of posting regularly. Part of the reason is that I feel like I have nothing to share right now, or at least nothing of value. By "nothing of value" I mean nothing deep or thought-provoking. Another part of the reason is that I am-believe it or not-fairly busy what with being in my second trimester of pregnancy, chasing a two-year-old all day, trying to keep the house in order, and all that jazz. OK, and then I'm just plain lazy.
However, I've found that writing can be a good outlet for me, so I thought I'd try NaBloPoMo as a month-long discipline and see what fruits it produces. I'm not going to promise mind-blowing content each day. In fact, here are a few of the topics I'm planning on writing about:
- Being pregnant the second time around
- All Saints reflection (one day late, for reasons of illness)
- Our recent trip to Disney World
- Adventures in hospital chaplaincy
- How I managed to get myself and my daughter vaccinated against both seasonal and H1N1 flu before November 1.
- The joys of raising a two-year-old.
- What it's like to have bronchitis while pregnant AND allergic to penicillin and cephalosporins.
- Figure Skating commentary
Of course, we returned from Disney World on Friday night with me having a cold and Harry having sinus and stomach issues. Nora, of course, is fine. I'm pretty sure my cold has turned into bronchitis, and it's thanks to a bout of coughing that I was on my laptop at 10:30 pm (instead of in bed) and realized, "holy crap, it's November 1! I have to write something on the blog!"
I'll try to have something of more substance tomorrow. Oh, and feel free to post a comment and pick on me if I don't have a post up by 8pm EST. I'm usually in bed by 9pm (my daughter gets up early) so if I haven't posted by then, chances are that I've forgotten.
Have a great evening, and happy All Saints' Day!