Monday, February 8, 2010

One Day More...

Tomorrow is D-day, I-day (induction day), and hopefully Junior's birthday. I am between 2-3 cm dilated and somewhat effaced. The nursery is basically ready (it needs tweaking, but is painted, furnished, and he has clothes, diapers, and wipes), the car seat and base are installed in my car (the one we're taking home from the hospital), and the house is about 80% clean. I simply ran out of steam...I do plan on cleaning the family room tonight, but otherwise need to get a good night's sleep.

We are to report to L&D by 7am tomorrow morning and I can't have anything but clear liquids after midnight tonight. I'm hoping that labor will be relatively quick (as in, I deliver by late afternoon) because I'll almost certainly be restricted to my bed because they'll break my water early AND I plan on requesting an epidural as soon as they let me (word on the street is Pitocin-induced contractions are MUCH more painful than natural contractions).

I will post an announcement as soon as I can. The hospital allegedly has wireless Internet and we're bringing the laptop along. Don't panic if you don't see a post until Wednesday morning, since I may just conk out after delivery (and notifying those who, I hate to say it, are higher on the communications totem pole than you all are).

Your prayers are requested, of course...for me and Junior, for Harry as he supports me through labor, delivery, and postpartum, for Nora as she makes the transition to being a big sister. She will be spending a few days with my parents, while we're in the hospital and a night or so afterwards. We've talked about this "big sister" thing as much as we can, but I don't think it will really hit her until she meets Junior and realizes that she has to share the spotlight.

Oh, and please specifically pray that everything goes "according to plan" and that I don't need an emergency C-section. I don't know why I'm so worried about it this time around, but I am. Maybe it's the induction (I went into labor on my own with Nora, and never even had a drop of Pitocin), but it's been a worry of mine. Yes, I'd rather have a healthy baby and a C-section scar than the alternative, but I just don't want to deal with major surgery. Hopefully that won't happen, though.

Toodles! See you on the other side, so to speak!

2 comments:

Silent said...

Today is the day, so you might not see this. Word on the street was that pitocin was horrible. I've only had one baby, but had lots of pitocin during labor and I did not think it was bad. I'm praying that all goes well with you.

Mary Beth said...

Praying for you!!! hope it is all over as I write!!