Wednesday, October 27, 2010

No, You Can't Serve Two Masters...Or Blogs, Either

I started this blog in January 2009, as a way of healing from a rather disastrous church experience. It helped immensely. What also helped was hearing feedback, support, and encouragement from those who heard my story. I kept this blog private, and will essentially continue to do so.

In the meantime, I have a much more public, personal blog that I began in 2006 as a way to share news about my family (I had been begging my husband to start a website for us, and he was too busy, what with finishing his PhD and all). My posting on that blog decreased dramatically during the "St. John's debacle" and afterwards. And then over the past eight months, I've been virtually silent on that blog. However, I've recently begun writing over there again, and like the fact that I can share things to a wider audience and with people who actually know who I am.

So, I have two blogs, but there's no way that I can keep both of them fairly active. I just simply can't. I'm not going to shut this blog down, because I hope that others will find my story useful. And I may still post here from time to time, when I need to share something "private." But the vast amount of my posting will be on the more personal blog.

For those of you who have been faithful readers over the past two years, I will happily give you the address of that other blog, and I would *love* to "see" you over there. If you'd rather not, that's OK. I'm going to leave you the address in "spam proof mode", which I will leave up for a few days or so. You can also e-mail me, and I will give the address to you. If you do e-mail me, be sure and give me your blog address so I can identify/recognize you, especially if you choose to remain anonymous.

Blessings!
-Patti

I deleted the actual address on 10/29, but again, feel free to e-mail me and I'll give it to you.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I have two blogs as well, one public, one private....it is tough to have both...but I've had them for similar reasons...you've only known me on my public one...so now I'll know you on yours! thanks.