Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Apparently I CAN do a Unitarian Funeral!

Arrangements for my grandmother's memorial service are going nicely. The aunt with whom I'm supposed to be collaborating has been fairly silent, but she's already down in Florida and probably has her hands full with things down there. Meanwhile, I've put together a service that I am proud of, that my aunts and mother are raving about, and that I believe will honor my grandmother's memory. It will probably wind up being about 45 minutes long and I will offer a brief "meditation" as part of the service. I found some nice readings and one of my aunts (my mom is one of four daughters) has two poems that she wants to read. We're having three people from my grandmother's UU fellowship offer some words of remembrance and then a few music selections. It should be a nice service. I'll post the final product when I return.

My mom, daughter, and I will be driving down on Thursday (leaving EARLY, since it's a 13-hour drive) and coming back on Sunday. My husband offered to have Nora stay with him, but I really wanted her with me. Plus, I think she'll be good comic relief. She's a good kid and a good traveler, especially for an almost-two-year-old. And her great-aunts want to meet her.

In other news, I had my first OB appointment on Friday and a mini-ultrasound (it took about 5 minutes; that's why I'm calling it "mini.") They adjusted my due date to March 3, so as of tomorrow I will be nine (9) weeks pregnant. I had a rough period of sickness, but now that I've discovered "Ginger Chews", I'm feeling much better.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Sounds like all is well enough, thank God. Safe travels.