Sunday, July 26, 2009

In Memoriam...

My grandmother died yesterday at 2:30 p.m. I'm doing OK; I think I did most of my grieving beforehand. It will be hard entering her apartment and not seeing her there, so I'm trying to prepare myself for that.

The service is set for Saturday at 1pm at her UU fellowship in Florida. My mom, Nora, and I will leave Thursday morning for the 13-hour trip and return late Sunday. I'm already sensing some family dynamics about the service and my role in it, mostly coming from my mom's youngest sister (the one who was also listed as being in charge of the service). We shall see what happens. I'll blog about it if I have a chance. I've already decided that if things get too dicey and my authority/role as clergy is compromised, I will simply bow out, leave the planning to her, and spend a couple of days enjoying the sights of the Tampa Bay area. However, I'm hoping that doesn't happen. In the meantime, I'm going to spend tomorrow planning the service.

Prayers would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 comment:

Terri said...

It's my day off, so I can hold you in prayer as I rest and renew...