Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blast from the Past




Like Joelle, over at Skating in the Garden, I am a huge figure skating fan. Unlike Joelle, I don't skate myself; I just watch figure skating. I first become enthralled with it back in 1992 at the Albertville Games, at the young age of 15. I watched Paul Wylie win the silver medal and was hooked. For some reason, I thought of that performance the other day. I haven't seen it in years; at one point I had a VHS tape but I don't know what happened to it. Anyway, thanks to YouTube, I found it online. I thought I'd share it for your viewing pleasure. Not sure who the commentators are; it might be a Canandian broadcast because they seem a little subdued and mention a lot of Canadian skaters. As opposed to Scott Hamilton, who did a lot of the commentary for the US broadcast and was literally shouting with joy at the end of the program.

No comments: